Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fatherhood 101

More than 20 years ago, I was a small skinny and charcoal skinned kid who enjoys the sand and blue waters of the sea in a bright sunny day and under the star filled night together with my cousins and friends. Actually one of my happiest childhood memory is enjoying the beach with my cousins every summer (even on rainy seasons) playing lantay lantay (patintero), ayam - kuti (cat and dog), building sand castles, pukol (sand balls tournament), catching dyukoy (beach crabs), punaw (seashells) and even milkfish hatchlings.

Lately, I had the chance of sharing with my son some of the things we enjoyed when i was a kid of his age and showed him that enjoyment and fun is not just limited to watching cartoon channels and playing PSP.

6 comments:

  1. that's great to have fun in the sun...it's free, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for a woman, this sight is just so *sighs*
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pictures! and nice memory. hehehehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so breathtaking. i could smell the sea-mist just by seeing the bubbles of waves at the subjects background. Honestly pre, this pic made me missed home so much. If only i could do this with my children too. More pre, my ENT doc here told me that the best and natural way to heal my sinus allergies is to go to the beach (funny, coz there's no beach here within a 50km radius) everyday. Maybe, he was telling me to take a vacation. anyway, i liked these pics so much coz it really got my attention today. hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. nang jigsz... yes! its really fun playing under the sun but for those who are conscious of their skin complexion it might be the other way around.. hehe!

    tinay... whats making you sigh in the pics?... i should have taken off my shirt so that i can hear more sigh... hehehe! or maybe someone puking?... lol... lahug lang!

    frances.... sure nice memory but i think you have a nicer memory on the bech... bora?...nicky? hehehe

    preng gong... we should compliment your mareng pearl since shes the one who took these pics but im the one who did the editing. i really had a hard time making it appear i have six packs and make the muscles bulge and ended up leaving the muscles and abs untouched. i still look sexy right? hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. buang. haha. i mean ang mga mag tatay moments bala. linabutaw na imo ya :D kung mamana ko kag magbata na kami,ako gid mapityur sa ila. haha kadrama sa akon. oi malipayon nga paskwa kag mahamunghayaun nga 2009 sa inyo da :)

    ReplyDelete