Monday, January 14, 2008

Mr. Sun

When i was a kid, my parents always tell me not to look directly into the sun for i will get blind. For years i really thought and believed that its true. thats the reason why i always cover my eyes with my hands to shade it from the blinding gold ball in the sky.

Then this time comes that i was tempted to see whether this belief embedded in my brain is true.

One sunny day, i mustered my courage and opened my eyes into the bright round light in the sky. instantly my brain seems to be blank and all i can see is a golden ring with the core of the whitest white i had ever seen.

Whats outside the golden ring, i cannot remember. All my attention is focused at the center. My vision went blank. I thought id be blind after that. But my parents were wrong. After several seconds, my vision went back to normal.

Now that i am older, the same thing happened. I was tempted to take a look at the sun of success. Hoping that even for a second i will feel the warm bright light and promise of heaven in its core. I was too much focused that i never took notice of the things outside the gold ring. I never took notice of my family, my health, my relations with other people.

My vision went blank. I asked myself, "am i going to be blind?"

I shut my eyes and look away from the light. It hurts so much and my tears flow that gradually cools off my burnt eyes.

I know i need to cry. I know i need to close my eyes for a little longer. And when it cools off, i will be able to see again and appreciate the beauty of the surroundings and once again look at the sweet smile of my wife and son.

No comments:

Post a Comment