Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ztirfmanic's Day Off


In my almost three years of stay here in Japan, one thing i really dreamt of doing is to ride a densha (train) in the heart of Metropolitan Tokyo. It really sounds funny but thats the truth!

Though i had this train ride for innumerable account, but just in a local train and the farthest are Asakadai and Kawagoe in Tobu-Toju Line. Aside from that, i never ventured of going any farther. Just the thought of Omari-san and Civilian-clothed Nyoukan Officers scattered around Metropolitan Tokyo train stations gives me shiver to take a chance in riding.



But a week ago, this dream had somewhat been heard and answered through Tito Nathan, his wife Tita Phoebe and their son and my close friend Gong. They picked me up from my apartment around lunch time with their SUV and off we go to Akihabara - best-known as one of the largest shopping areas on Earth for electronic, computer, anime, and otaku goods, including new and used items!



That was my second visit to Akihabara and the first one was courtesy (again) of Gong and Junjun when i bought my Desktop and monitor. I took the chance of canvassing desktop units i am planning to use in my future plans in the Philippines when i go home and was overwhelmed by the vast choices of new and used desktop at a very surprisingly low price!

After that, we had a 10-minute walk to the next train station the Okachimachi. I smiled on what i had seen. A large crowd of people occupying the street and literally bumping into each other and variety of stores lined up on the side which reminds me of flea martkets of Hongkong and China and can be compared to our very own Divisoria and Tutuban in Manila.

Gong told me that he frequent this place cause theres a lot of goood stuffs you can find at an incredibly low low price! Just like this pair of Reebok Sneaker that i got for 1,380 yen! (equivalent to 500 Php). I promised my self to visit this place once more before i fly home to the Philippines. With these price, i can easily fill a box or two of LBC without hurting much of my pocket! The truth is, I am a Bargain addict! lols!



We then decided to take a train on the way to the building in Akihabara where the car is parked since its geting cold and were all tired to walk. At first i was hesistant but Gong assured me that this station is safe!




At last, a dream came true for me! Riding a densha in the heart of metro Tokyo! Yatta! I even managed to take a shot of Gong and Tito Nathan inside the train.



Thanks to the Trinidad Family for being my Santa Claus!

No comments:

Post a Comment